Hey Gang! I know it’s been a while since I posted here and I apologize. My blog tour has left me empty of posts, but with that winding down this week, I thought I might write a short one to get back in the swing.
In looking at some of the reader comments on my blog tour (which has been amazing THANK YOU), I’ve realized that PRETTY AMY may seem to be a completely different book that it really is. Basing a book by it’s cover and all that. (Albeit a GORGEOUS cover). So here is what I think PRETTY AMY is and is not.
PRETTY AMY is not:
1. Fluffy- I know the cover shows a pretty girl in a dress, but if you look closer you realize she is in a jail cell.
2. About prom- It starts on prom night, but PRETTY AMY is really about a lost girl finding herself. (Think: Story of a Girl, Cracked up to Be)
3. Preachy- It is about drug use and bad decisions, but it never says why or how they are right or wrong. It lets readers decide that for themselves.
PRETTY AMY is:
1. The book of my heart- This is the book I wished I had in high school. It is the book I used to get out all the feelings I had about high school.
2. Deep and Emotional- This is a book that makes people think and feel, both good and bad.
3. Authentic- Again and again reviewers are astonished by Amy’s realness. I can only say this comes from the book being the book of my heart.
I’d love to hear in the comments how and if PRETTY AMY surprised you. :).